Thursday, October 19, 2006

defining moment
yeah, many of us have these in life...defining moments...i had one of these just yesterday, when i stood in front of my almost all american class to talk about globalization of sport along with two other international students.
and i spoke, like i never did since i got to the United States. I responded to every qs shot at us. very confidently and in well constructed sentences. it was amazing how the words came..like it was destined.
the struggle to come into this country, leave behind everything i ever knew to get here, to face this struggle of feeling alienated and lonely, to miss cricket...to feel hunger, pain and taste the salt of my tears..and exhaustion...the struggle is endless
the only things i carried with me from home, are my dreams to see Indian sport reach invincible heights...the blessings of my parents, and friends...
and then when the words came so easily, it all felt so worth it, in that one moment..when my classmates patted me on the back and said, "good job dee, that was so impressive"...
if only they had an idea of what all went behind that one moment...

1 comment:

Sheece said...

that made my eyes moist