Sunday, November 04, 2007

Someday the sun will rise over her skin...


It's 4:30 pm and its pitch dark outside...

Winter makes her presence felt. She is cold and eerie. In the morning I watched the sun battle her for almost three hours. He was fighting a losing battle. She was powerful and in rage. Not only did she envelope him in despair, she celebrated her supremacy with her other friends- torrid wind and lashing rain. They were earthbound and met her on the way.

I think she's pretty cool. People think she can be a mean b**** though...

But there is a lil' bit of that in all of us, I would think.
:)

3 comments:

Kits said...

The winter is gorgeous.I find it interesting that u have chosen to give her a feminine gender :) I liked the fact that the sun lost this battle. Its far too many he wins and causes havoc with his victory. The leaves outside my window r green and they remind me that my life can be all shades at once :)

Spikedelik said...

True that...
There is winter in all of us...but guess that's what makes 'em spring times seems so bright and wonderful!

meow said...

Hey Dee, Read your blog after what seems like ages.

This is beautifully written :)

I hope she decides to grace us with her presence too, we so desperately are looking forward to getting rid of the sun :D
Too hot for too long here!!

I wonder if what we get in Bombay can actually even be called winter!

Take Care & Keep Warm when she visits.