Friday, March 21, 2008

Man from yonder

He and she sit close to me at work. We went to a Thai restaurant. He sat opposite me. She next to me and we ordered some food.

He had been in the US since he was 15. Now he is married with a beautiful two year old baby girl. We spoke. About life. About worklife.

And we shared Thai food. Three aliens, us.

I asked 'So what part of India are you from'. He said, 'I'm from Pakistan'.

I stopped. Thinking I would react.

He stopped to look. Thinking I would react.

I smiled. He did.

And we continued to eat.

Three friends, us.

2 comments:

Sheece said...

wonderful wonderful post. when we are a little older, we should go to lahore or karachi and eat on the streets. other places we shld visit - turkey, croatia, egypt, spain, london, tokyo, moscow

soulasylum said...

Yesyes! We shall go:) Hug