Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Crush

I was walking today, two steps behind you
And you wore my favorite shirt
Did you know
The checks on it spelt out the world
And I felt a little at home

And then you stood by the door
Let it open
You gave me my escape
And let me breathe, hoping
I could breathe in a smile and poem

And someday these moments
Will turn to memories
And someday you wont
Have that swagger in your stride
And someday you won't
Give me that slight smile
From that beautiful corner of your eye.
And it's alright, it's alright

The sky, like my heart is
Shamelessly naked and genuine
Someday maybe we could
Mend these piece by piece
Over coffee?

6 comments:

Vipin said...

Aaah ... What a beautiful, beautiful picture you paint dear.

meow said...

Dee,

I loved it, very nice :)

Keep writing.

Luv,
Shilpi

Kits said...

Very nice words and they come from the heart that is as beeg as the sky above my head. Indian or American sky btw? :D

It is about letting go. I am so happy you have. Beeg hug

Spikedelik said...

Simply brilliant! :)

Srividya said...

This would remind me of you even if it didnt have your name anywhere near it. :D

Brown Weed said...

this reads so sweet and sincere and spontaneous, but don't stop no, write more no