Friday, January 26, 2007

Masala Chai and the warmth it brings with it


Shit i didnt write anything yesterday! Eeps...Its funny coz i even opened this webpage..and then i dont know what happened to me. Maybe my good friend Writers Block came in visiting. He visits sometimes. He says nothing, just sits there. And he's like the dementor that sucks all the living energy out of you, and basically leaves you with nothing to say.

So today I had an extremely unproductive day, of course I spoke to a friend for a long time online. A long overdue conversation. He asked me about the man in my life. And then I began telling him the story about the lack of his existance, which took a good 4 hours i think:P Ate lunch ultimately at 4 pm and now its six but i already feel like calling it a day. I feel exhausted, maybe its the typing. My fingers hurt. Maybe its the cold I walked in yesterday.

So yesterday was fun, walked in the cold to a Tibetan Rest. downtown, where they serve hot hot chai. It kinda woke me up. I'm living my life pretty much like a parasite thats feeding on the bed. I deserve it after a horrible horrible semester!:D So she served me the chai, and we spoke about Bombay and Nepal and Madhya Pradesh, and other things that made us happy. It was nice.

I froze to death while walking back home. But the only thing that comforted me was the fact that, that chai had a touch of my grandmothers style. It had that warmth. And that much sugar...and a very similar taste. Not close, but the closest you can dream of having in a foreign country thousands of miles away from yr grandmother.

Yeah thats what it was..

Nani ke haath ki chai..

I drink to the warmth it has...

Sip.

Slurp:)

1 comment:

Sheece said...

it has the warmth of the blanket of love...