Monday, September 10, 2007

So much clarity exists...


So much clarity exists, but we still choose to blindfold ourselves sometimes.

I could never figure out why. Not only do we do that, we try to find things in this darkness, things that we want to see, we look for things in places where they aren't meant to be.

But so much clarity exists. Why don't we have the guts to walk without a blindfold? Is it easier to walk with it on? Are hidden treasures easier to find?

It's true what they say "ignorance is bliss" But apparently it's also being blind:)


4 comments:

Kits said...

Too much philo for me babe :P

Sometimes we need to blindfold ourselves coz the truth hurts. Sometimes its nicer with the blindfold when we find tht hidden treasure!Life is hard and blindfolds make it easier :)

Unknown said...

Blindfolded or not,i think its the way we follow that matters at times....but ignorance is not always a bliss,,,especially, when the guy u're ignoring is cute;-) just a pj!! hee hee

Anonymous said...

alright..I will take a try~~
1) We choose to blindfold ( you asked WHY) because we could not dare to accept the existence of spoilers in out daydreams.We cant dare to even dream what actually should be called a dream.What we do is just a mental projection of our whims n fancies.( I got a good idea of this from Matrix (1) the movie)
2) I appreciate your quote~~we try to find things in darkness,things we want to see....Goes well with teh matrix ! Its really good that you acknowledge the fact.
3)Treasures are not actually,as I see it.Just that,as you said we are blindfolded.Now,about "why we don't have the guts to walk without a blindfold"--Well that is tricky ! that only Junta could answer...

Anonymous said...

However, sometimes I find ignorance to be a bliss.I still remember when I was upset after some physics test or whatever, I used to tell everyone I got good marks.There were advantages as I figure it now.
1)you are saved from the myriad of consolations which i personally hate.
2)you now know how good it feels to be congratulated by all for having done well
~~ n to be honest, I actually did well in the following tests...
Also, Aakanksha is right to a great extent..