Tuesday, September 16, 2008

This crazy Aunt wishes...


My dear baby nephew,

When you grow up, we will have many a conversation we will call 'bonding sessions'. We will use these to discuss life, your women (or men, it's really ok - you can tell me), school, goals, vision and music. I will sometimes talk about cricket. You will try hard to understand my passion, but sometimes you won't. And that's alright. Don't worry.

We will take walks. Where I will complain of my aching bones. And you will tell me that I sound like a 100 year old when I neither am nor do I look it. I will say you're being nice and that is one quality you got from me.

From time to time I will become nostalgic and tell you to live life to the fullest, like your dad, my brother - always did.

Yes, your dad was a pretty crazy man. But he somewhere decided to become more intense and serious with life. Or rather, let me correct myself. Your father was ALWAYS intense. About everything. The good things and the bad things. And somewhere decided to become more intense and serious about the good things.

We will laugh loudly. At jokes big and small. I will tend to giggle too at many points. Yeah...that won't ever go away.

And of course we will analyse lyrics to rock 'n' roll. Always stick to that music. It is eternal. If you like rap, you will get one.

There could be heartbreaks. But it is important to find love, and if a few heartbreaks lead to finding it, they are ok. Take them in your stride and make peace with them. And the truth is the feeling of being in love is always beautiful, whether it is for real or not. Don't be afraid to let emotions in. Don't bottle them up, they tend to get nasty.

You will find that I tend to get philosophical from time to time. Only because I am. I had a panic attack once in school. I fainted and recovered. Was alone at home. But went outside and meditated. And I didn't realise but I was staring at a statue of Gautam Buddha on the porch while meditating. I seldom believe in signs. But if there ever was one, this was it. I was meant to be peaceful. And I will do all I can to achieve this. And so must you.

Always travel, if you need money to do it, I will help you. Every birthday, festival and achievement of yours I put aside $5, which I will give you when you ready to travel. I want you to spend this money on buying books and awakening your mind. Also, learn to speak Hindi, and read our mythological tales. Amar Chitra Kathas are wonderful.

So this is what I call Gyaan, and brace your self for a lot of it. Just remember wherever I am and whatever I am doing with life is irrelevant. If you ever need an agent, call me. I'm in the book and I WILL show you the money.

For now let me go back to watching you go pitter-patter across the floor, like a beautiful lil' butterfly...

5 comments:

Vipin said...

Kid, growing up you will learn that your aunt is very powerful; she not only controls a lot of sports people but bigger than that she controls all the written word in the universe. If you ever make a typo, you know who created it. Be nice to her. :)

Sheece said...

aunt u are putting too much pressure on the kid. no rap? by the time he is 16, the music will be scARIER.

Spikedelik said...

Brilliantness writing babes! I don't mind waiting super long... if every time you get back, you give us posts like these to read!!!

Your letter, Sheece's poem and Fuzz's song, should be the default legacy kit that all babies should get :)

Kits said...

Oh lord, huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugggggggggggg..wot a comeback man...aiyoo..making me cry u r dude! :) Wot a lovely thing to write for your nephew..amazoid it was darling. Hugness

soulasylum said...

Thanks guys. He is a wonderful lil fellow. And those are really his fingers in the photograph :D He will be a great man under my expert guidance :D

Sheece - If you grow up listening to Rock, you can somewhere appreciate rap. But if you grow up listening to rap (esp in Umrika) there is pretty much no recovery. :P Sadly generalizing, something I seldom do :D