Wednesday, October 30, 2013

It's OK. Really.

It's ok. Really.
We'll get used to it, like we usually do,
You see I thought this through,
Decided what's right for me,
And chose what's good for you.

Oh this was nothing divine,
No completing each other's sentences,
No "I was just thinking of you",
This was way too simple a connection,
A random conversation or few.

I looked at you like the rainbows,
A giant teddy bear,
Leaves in spring, like new,
Being touched by music or grace,
A peaceful point of view.

We've always known it would end,
We spoke about it too.
But I'm so happy our paths crossed,
Though they stormed around the bend,
For this, the universe chose us two.

And as we go on with our dreary lives,
And get reduced to "someone you knew",
Remember, it was heartfelt and real.

Even now I close my eyes and think,
I'm so glad these feelings, chose you.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

"We'll get used to it, like we usually do"
Sigh.

Unknown said...

I really like this poem! Very well done :)

soulasylum said...

Thank you, friends :) I tried to make light of a bittersweet friendship.

Anonymous said...

[prod] [prod][nudge][nudge] :)

Unknown said...

yes i agree friendship is bitter sweet girl do see my blog too :)

soulasylum said...

Hi friends, sorry for the delayed response. Really appreciate all your comments. Lots going on in life. Will write more soon! X

Anonymous said...

That's so beautiful :)