Sunday, July 01, 2007

About the hug:D

Hugs are such an amazing phenomenon. I mean, can you think of anything more genuine?;)I love giving and receiving hugs:D No I am not like that Amma who heals people by hugging them, but I truly believe there is something therapeutic in hugging.

This is my theory: There is always the giver and then there is the receiver of the hug. The giver of the hug is usually at a higher energy level and carries more positive energy than the receiver of the hug. So when people hug there is a definite exchange of energy from the giver to the receiver. Nice na? I call these 'fattu fundaes' these days. I'm so full of them:P

Of course there are the 'townie hugs', which are with no body contact, just kisses that pretend to land on the cheek, but actually land up in the air, in the middle of nowhere. And usually it is preceded by a loud shriek of genuine happiness (YEAHRIGHT:P) of seeing a friend..ehm.. acquaintance is more like it.

Then there are 'bear hugs'. oh my god. i love those! my god this post is so pointless:P haan so the 'bear hugs' are the ones between bhai behen amma appa and childhood friends types. So cute. And they feel so right:D They are also your 'comfort hugs'.

There are also 'toothpaste hugs'. Rayo thanks for coining this term. According to Rayo they are the hugs that leave you with a feeling of being squashed. Rayo please stay away from me:P

Ok..I'm going to stop here, for the fear that I may lose the respect of people who think I write well. But I shall leave you with one thing.
(hug) :)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

:D my 30 seconds of fameeee woohooooooo!!!!

oh yeah and fineeeee no hugs for you missy!!!! :-/

meow said...

Dee, very huggy post, love the fundae.... Are toothpaste hugs very american? :D
Don't recall ever receiving one.

Am not one who initiates a hug very often (must start doing that...) But have been a receiver on many occassions & agree, you do feel better after one :)

Spikedelik said...

U missed out on the Wannabe Hug...
Its the one...where...the giver wants to be on higher energy level...but is more like Blackhole...and yu hug back from 50 miles, whenever giver in site!

and then the 'Dead Man Hug' where the giver ends up like a corpse in yer arms and yu...i dunno how you react to corpses:P!!! I sorta audition them fer 'Andheri ka Bhoot...Powai ki Chudail'!!!

soulasylum said...

awww rayo pls dont rob your favorite 'tiee' of precious lil things:P

shilpi!!! thank you for a reflection on my post:) nah nah the toothpaste is hug is very desi, nothing about hugging can be umrikan, trust me:P

spikey, shut up:P

Kits said...

Umm..crush hugs same as bear hugs? Spikey shut yer face baby!

soulasylum said...

yes crush/bear/comfort/happpe hugs same to same

Abhishek Thakkar said...

I want a Hug. Plese Hug me.
Will u be my frenz.

lots luv

ShrutiWrites said...

well, disagree on one point..nothing about hugging can be umrikan.. well my bhabhi is an Umrikan, n yes, her hugs are so warm... n loving.. n I remember the 'toothpaste' hug from her dad n mom when they were here...
sorry for degressing.. A BIG HUGGGGG to you..