Monday, July 23, 2007

Baby steps;)

Sometimes I think, how did I get to be this old. I am 26 - so much for women not wanting to disclose their age - but I feel older, I don’t behave it, but I feel it. May be it was just this year that has been so eventful and has taught me so many lessons, about life and people and life and people...

This was perhaps the dullest birthday I EVER had. But almost everyone remembered. Friends called through the night. Still have to beat up the people who 'miscalculated' the time difference. But love you guys for calling:) It was comforting to open my inbox to find 63 unread emails wishing me and people telling me they missed me, recollecting memories of other birthday celebrations and of course the 12 o clock surprise parties which ceased to be a surprise after a while:P I would always wear a nice dress while going to bed, to prepare for the event. I remember one night, at dot 12 Sri rang the bell and my mom was up (she sooo knew) and she hurried like a lil' excited kid to the door and stood there smiling happily. And Lo! She was dressed too. Haha..So cute she is:) And then when I opened the door I had all my friends standing outside with a lit cake in the dark. And Sid even had his guitar, and they sang. The song never sounded more beautiful:) Godd I miss you guys soo much. And I also remembered last year, me in my Satya Paul:D sari, (I still don’t know why I wore a sari, wanted to look different I guess and boy was it the right thing to do, not worn a sari since:P). And Kirti Manian yelling Happy Birthday Murtyyy:P Cannot forget my dads expression. He really thought you were talking to him. Haha

Jeez, I’ve had so many moments that make memories. There's not enough space to pen them down. I’m sure everyone has. But in my realm of my lil’ 26 year old life, they are the most precious things I own. Everyday I watch 20 year olds behave like they are 60 and 50 year olds behave like they are 18. I step back and try on my new shoes, shoes that belong to a 26 year old and they seem a little worn out this year but yeah, they fit perfectly:)



Next year, I’m gonna get those red heels and paint the town red;)

2 comments:

Brown Weed said...

ooo... happy Happy Birthday!
why wait to next year?!!
go go. paint paint! shooo!!!!

Kits said...

Hhahahahhhaa..isnt he cute?? Fuck, I love ya and miss ya love...u have a superawesome bday darling!! :D