Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Give or Take?

And as i step into a new phase of my life, I begin to think if my core has really changed. I don't think it has. I still laugh loudly, express myself with my eyes, cry at the drop of a hat and wonder about life, dreams and love. My essence will remain the same, like yours.
Fitting into 'Corporate America' doesn't fit me. It picks up a fight with my very essence. Everyday it's a battle between the mind and the heart. And no one emerges victor. I go to bed thinking "am I a business woman or a social worker?"

The truth is, I would learn business to do social work. But its hard to make those two go hand in hand in your head. And whilst I learn business, where does the social worker go? Does she sit and wait? Is she patient? Does she lose to the enterprising business woman, who makes the big bucks and has the titles to her name. Does she watch in despair as the business woman shuts the door in her face?

I don't know. I feel her from time-to-time as corporate America tries to woo the business woman in me. I shall not succumb, I say to myself time and again. But then I think, if my essence remains the same, maybe she wont leave. Maybe she will wait outside and be patient like she always has been. Maybe she'll shed a tear or two at how much things have changed. How dreams have changed. And how people have changed...

But she will not leave, she is determined, she has more passion than the business woman, she is deeper and more sensible. She is more detatched but is more passionate all at once. She will come back. But for now, she waits...

1 comment:

Sheece said...

they can both live together... they both know their priorities and their respective times will come