Saturday, June 16, 2007

"Don't be a doer be a be-er" ;)

~Heather Anastos

(Director of Competitive Tennis - USTA)

Heather and I went for a trip to Cape Cod. And Heather spoke, a lot. And I listened to her, a lot. Not only coz she was my boss's boss. But because I knew she liked to speak.

She said to me "Always pay attention to background conversations. The ones that happen at the back of your head". I stood there gaping like I didn't quite get it (even though I had). "These background conversations need to be addressed. Or before you know it they become foreground conversations and if you still choose to ignore them, they become a reality". Hmmm....I fervently nodded my head. What she said made perfect sense.

Is it that difficult for us to address background conversations. Why do we let them go on for so long in our head. I was left thinking... Is this a background conversation?

And as I walked down the beach, I realised that every conversation, every word and voice, slowly died. All I could hear was the sound of the waves. And the sound of my breathing.

I sat up on the ledge and looked at the vast expanse of water that lay ahead of me, the Atlantic Ocean. And I realised I was in a fortunate moment where I didn't miss a single person or thing. I didn't miss my parents, my friends, my ipod, my books... nothing.

For a moment I was fine, absolutely at peace with myself.

For a moment, there was no craving, no desire, no angst and no glee.

For a moment I could just....be.

4 comments:

Pravin said...

Profound :|. I read M-theory today. No connection, but I'm stunned :| Heavily Stunned :|

Unknown said...

yeah pravin i totally agree shes a very profound chick.... shes says these genral things which are like wow!!! (someone remind me of grnl balls!!!) maaa tieeeeeeeeeeeeeee dont sound all :( remm whos tiee ur are... not everyone gets to claim there realted to the following
a) Olly Khan
b) Sting
c) Bono
d) Schevchenko
e) Kaiza Soze
f) Ballack
g) ........ u know the list!! :)

soulasylum said...

hahaha..rayo..such a bloody creep:P love ya man

Kits said...

Nice this was darling..I swam in the Atlantic Ocean and was totally immersed in the idea tht I could have drowned there since I don't knw swimming. So held Swedish aunty's hand and swam..v nice it was...Also, am listening to Photograph rt now. Rem basturd Google! :D