Wednesday, June 13, 2007

To Sheece, with lou:D

And today I dedicate this post to Sheece Baghdadi, who has kindly written a comment for every post I have on this blog:) Sheece sent me this email over a year back. And it's one of the best emails I have ever recieved:)

" Finding God at Prithvi Theatre

I was there, I saw and heard her sing Kabir's doha's and Gorakhnath's bhajans and couplet from Ghalib. It was as if the poetry that was written long ago was finally complete. They were offered to God in complete humility and I could see them all smiling, including God. There was a blue-pink aura that had spread across Prithvi Theatre and the small audience of 50 was really lucky to be there. Miracles are only witnessed by a few.Nothing else has made me feel more aware of the presence of a greater consciousness amidst us than the combination of the music, the voice and the poetry that I heard yesterday. Even as I write, I feel like I am taking away its beauty. If I had died in that moment, it would have been the most beautiful death. I wonder if I experienced heaven for a bit.Of the many churches, mosques and temples that I have visited, none of them have compared to Prithvi Theatre in being the place where I have experienced turmoil and peace in such a manner so as to ultimately be embraced the greater consciousness. And on my way back home, I would wonder 'do the artists know, what they have done?'"


(written after witnessing the performance of Kala Ramesh and her troupe at Prithvi Theatre)

3 comments:

Kits said...

Awesome man!

Sheece said...

thank you for reminding me of that divine performance. i must have written those words when i was inebriated with the magic :).

_kala said...

Dear Sheece,

I was amazed that after a year of my performance, this review was posted again in this web-site.

Thank you, I'm deeply touched with your comments of 6/13/07 and your original write-up of my concert last year.

Thank you.

deep in raga
the sudden applause
startles the singer


warmly,
kala ramesh